[LLVMdev] MSIL backend: external varargs signatures printing

Artur Pietrek pietreka at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 07:57:09 PDT 2009

Hi,

After discussion with Anton, I did the whole thing in a little bit different
way (please see the attached patch). It again looks like reinvented wheel
for LLVM experts, I suppose, but it works. What I want to achieve is to
generate real (with all variadic arguments) call signature for each variadic
and external  function, without the "vararg" keyword and without the "...",
and of course just once for each such signature.
As Anton sugested, it would be probably the easiest to use CallSite() and
construct FunctionType for each such signature, but the thing is that I must
also take into account the sign extension of each parameter.
If anyone has an idea how to do it more LLVM-like, I'd be grateful for
sharing that idea with me.

Anton, I hope I haven't forgotten any spaces this time ;)

Thanks for your help and patience.

Artur

ps: My discussion with Anton was in a wrong (concerning another patch)
thread. Sorry for that.