[LLVMdev] Issue with paper http://llvm.org/devmtg/2008-08/Geoffray_VMKitProject.pdf and presentation http://hal.inria.fr/docs/00/35/45/77/PDF/RR-6799.pdf

Kirill Kononenko kirill.kononenko at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 12:42:55 PDT 2009

Dear all,

This new version of the paper at:

http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/docs/00/36/53/37/PDF/RR-6799.pdf

got ride of libJIT. Now my question is the how scientific is this
research and research paper if instead of using libJIT and
Portable.NET JIT:
authors of "VMKit: a Substrate for Virtual Machines by Nicolas
Geoffray — Gaël Thomas— Charles Clément —Bertil Folliot — Gilles
Muller" simply decided to decided remove research information all
together? Also how objective is Related Work part of this research
paper in this context?

Thanks,
Kirill

http://code.google.com/p/libjit-linear-scan-register-allocator/