[LLVMdev] mingw build problems

Jay Foad jay.foad at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 08:23:23 PDT 2009

The next problem I have is:

llvm[2]: Linking Debug executable opt
/home/foad/llvm/objdir-mingw/Debug/lib/libLLVMSystem.a(DynamicLibrary.o):/home/foad/svn/llvm-project/llvm/trunk/lib/System/Win32/DynamicLibrary.inc:179:
undefined reference to `___eprintf'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I can work around this by removing the two references to __eprintf
from lib/System/Win32/DynamicLibrary.inc, but... why are they there in
the first place, and why don't I have __eprintf on my system?

I see that these references were introduced here:

http://llvm.org/viewvc/llvm-project?view=rev&revision=52037

but I don't understand what they are for. Do they let lli execute
programs in which the compiler has hard-coded calls to __eprintf? Does
that mean that __eprintf ought to be found in libgcc?

Thanks,
Jay.