[LLVMdev] LegalizeFloatType:ExpandFloatRes_FADD

Duncan Sands baldrick at free.fr
Wed Apr 8 12:25:27 PDT 2009

Hi Micah,

> I'm looking at the Legalize code and in 2.5 the above function is:
> It seems to me that it was switched from a binary function expansion to
> a unary function expansion.

I don't understand the question.  The new code is supposed to do exactly
the same thing as the old code.  Can you please be more explicit about
what you think the problem is.

> Is my understanding of this correct? If not what is this section of code
> support to do?

This turns an FADD (x, y) node into a call to a library function that
performs a floating point addition of x and y.

Ciao,

Duncan.