[LLVMdev] advice on default options for building LLVM-GCC on Ubuntu Linux

Duncan Sands baldrick at free.fr
Sat Apr 4 06:17:48 PDT 2009

Hi Thomas,

> it appears that by default some Apple configuration is assumed, since
> a simple  make  complains
>
> GNUmakefile:16: /CoreOS/Standard/Standard.make: No such file or
> directory
>
> We started with a subversion checkout, in case it matters.

you need to use a separate objects directory and not build directly
in the llvm-gcc tree.  For some reason the Apple people placed a file
GNUmakefile in the tree which "make" chooses in preference to the Makefile
produced by configuring.  Personally I would like to see GNUmakefile
deleted.  If you want to build directly in the gcc tree, try deleting
this file.

Ciao,

Duncan.