[LLVMdev] Connecting JITted code to gdb

Tom Tromey tromey at redhat.com
Wed Apr 1 12:17:49 PDT 2009

>>>>> "Jeffrey" == Jeffrey Yasskin <jyasskin at google.com> writes:

Jeffrey> I'm adding the gdb list because it appears there's currently
Jeffrey> no way to tell gdb about newly-JITted code.

Jeffrey> It would be better to have an interface through which a
Jeffrey> JITting library could tell gdb about newly-generated code.

Jeffrey> I don't really know enough about the internals of LLVM or gdb to make
Jeffrey> any recommendations, but I think it would be useful to find some way
Jeffrey> for them (and other debuggers and JITs) to talk to each other.

This sounds like an excellent project.

I think the only real barrier is finding someone dedicated to making
it work.

Tom