[LLVMdev] GSoc 2009 (Bad Subject in the previous email)

Ehsan Amiri ehsanamiri at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 10:01:58 PDT 2009

Hi Evan

Thanks for the email. I had a look at gcc implementation of TBAA and I think
three main steps in implementation of TBAA for LLVM will be this:

April 20 ~ May 23: I will read gcc implementation in depth and play around
with LLVM code.

May 23 ~ July 6: Implementation and test of a simple version of TBAA that
does not work with all aggregate types. I think part of the coding required
for aggregate type can be done in this period but it will not be ready for
midterm evaluation. On the other hand this period will be my first
experience with LLVM code and so I will spend some time on learning
LLVM-specific details.

July 6 ~ August 10: Finishing implementaiton and testing for aggregate types
and preparing any doumentaion needed.

In general gcc implementation of TBAA will be the base of my work, but I
will read it in depth before starting the implementation, so that we can
decide on any changes required before the start of coding.

Please let me know if this sounds reasonable.
Thanks
Ehsan