[LLVMdev] Hi Cache Miss and Branch Misprediction

Ketan Pundlik Umare kumare3 at cc.gatech.edu
Sun Sep 28 18:43:05 PDT 2008

Hi Guys,
I am an absolute newbie to the compiler community. I am experimenting a little bit with llvm.
I have a few small questions, i would be really great if someone could help me.

1. Can i find out (is there something already built), if the previous instruction / or some instruction was a cache miss. Basically i want to detect cache misses and instructions that are causing this

2. Can i find if there was a branch misprediction?

3. Can i find if a branch was taken or not taken?

It would be really great if someone could answer this for me.

Thank you
Ketan
Georgia Institue of Technology