[LLVMdev] State of CMake build system.

Scott Graham scott.llvm at h4ck3r.net
Tue Sep 23 18:09:33 PDT 2008

On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 9:27 AM, Óscar Fuentes <ofv at wanadoo.es> wrote:
> This is an updated version of the patch that fixes some issues on VC++
> builds.

Hi, FYI

I just tried this (from r56534). I get an "error" (below) from cmake
(2.6.1) about Intrinsics.gen but it seems to write out sln/vcproj
anyway.

Project.sln opens and builds OK (modulo a build error in llvmc2 that
looks build-system agnostic). Nice work!

Also, I get around 10k lines of warnings (not that that's different
than previously). Would it be desirable to silence those on VS builds
given that it might be easier now since the solutions are generated?
My suggested list would be: 4146, 4503, 4996, 4800, 4244, 4624, 4355,
4715 if there's somewhere easy to paste that. I think those are
unlikely to be interesting assuming the main development on OSX/Linux
is catching genuine problems, and would help reduce noise a lot.
There's a handful of others, but I'm not especially confident that
they're harmless.

scott

-----------------
D:\llvm>cmake -G "Visual Studio 8 2005"
-- Check for working C compiler: C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft
Visual Studio 8/VC/bin/cl.exe
-- Check for working C compiler: C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft
Visual Studio 8/VC/bin/cl.exe -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Check for working CXX compiler: C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft
Visual Studio 8/VC/bin/cl.exe
-- Check for working CXX compiler: C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft
Visual Studio 8/VC/bin/cl.exe -- works
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Found Perl: C:/Perl/bin/perl.exe
-- Configuring using MSVC hack.
-- Found Bison: C:/utils/bin/bison.exe
-- bitreader
-- asmparser
-- bitreader
-- X86
-- archive
-- archive
-- archive
-- ipo
-- bitreader
-- linker
-- jit
-- linking jit
-- ipo
-- debugger
-- asmparser
-- bitreader
-- support
-- jit
-- linking jit
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
CMake Error: Unknown Target referenced : D:/llvm/include/llvm/Intrinsics.gen
CMake Error: Target: LLVMVMCore depends on unknown target:
D:/llvm/include/llvm/Intrinsics.gen
-- Build files have been written to: D:/llvm