[LLVMdev] variable size alloca

Ryan M. Lefever lefever at crhc.uiuc.edu
Tue Sep 16 18:23:59 PDT 2008

To what do variable size LLVM alloca instructions get translated, when
they are turned into machine code?  I compiled a piece of code to
bitcode and disassembled it.  The disassembled code showed that there
were alloca instructions with variable-sized parameters within the
bitcode.  When I turned the bitcode into machine code, I performed an nm
on the result but didn't see any symbols referring to alloca.  So, I'm
guessing that they don't get translated to an alloca system call.  If
that's the case, to what do they get translated?

Regards,
Ryan