[LLVMdev] tracing stack variables

Dane Napier van Dyck toothbrush at gatech.edu
Tue Sep 16 16:01:57 PDT 2008

	I'm trying to discern whether or not stack variables are all accessible
through ExecutionEngine.cpp .
	Initially , I targeted the 'alloca' function as the source for all
stack accession data , but I think that the function is too basic : ie ,
the type data may not be easily accessible from that function's scope .
	So my next idea was to use ExecutionEngine , because when data is
allocated the information I want is already being used to determine
allocation space . But I'm don't think stack accessions are included in
its scope . I do need global (and static) info but I'm confident
everything I need is here .
	I'm still interested in using XNgine::LoadFromMemory to access my stack
variables but I wonder what someone more experienced would do ;
Will this cover all of the bases ? ; Can I reference metadata at (or
near) the pointer returned by 'alloca' to get the info I need ?

thanks ,
dane van dyck
georgia institute of technology