[LLVMdev] CPP API User-level Question: Returning multiple values

Tony Scudiero tscud at cray.com
Fri Sep 12 13:43:29 PDT 2008

Dan,
    Thanks for the info. Unfortunately for the time being we are using
(for the most part) the 2.3 release (with a couple of patches that Dave
Greene has applied). The first-class aggregates is one of the things we
don't yet have in the LLVM we're working with. I'll look again to see if
there's a ReturnInst::Create( ) which I can pass an array of llvm::Value
*'s to, but I don't recall having seen one.
    Unfortunately it's all going to change once we do bring our LLVM up
to date with changes made to trunk since the LLVM2.3 release, but do we
need to get it working with the LLVM we have for the time being - which
means using the 2.3 MRV syntax for the time being.
    Out of curiosity: does the MRV syntax will still work with
first-class aggregates?
    Thanks!

    -Tony Scudiero