[LLVMdev] CPP API User-level Question: Returning multiple values

Tony Scudiero tscud at cray.com
Fri Sep 12 09:40:45 PDT 2008

Greetings,
    I'm working on getting our compiler's interface to LLVM to mimic the
way the LLVM-GCC inserts instructions to generate AMD64 ABI compliant
code. I'm trying to create

     ret i64 %mrv, double %double_mrv37

    which is basically what LLVM-GCC puts out. However if I use lcc
-march=cpp to get the API code I need it has the following line:

    ReturnInst::Create(int64_t93, label_return);

    with no reference to the double. I also can't find anything in the
doxygen docs for a version of ReturnInst::Create( ) that takes two
values for returning, nor could I find anything by generating an
intentionally bad call and letting my gen-compiler list the possible
ReturnInst which it knows about. Do I have to create the ReturnInst in a
different way to do this? Any guidance for how to do this from within
the CPP API would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

    -Tony Scudiero