[LLVMdev] Tail-calling

OvermindDL1 overminddl1 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 07:43:49 PDT 2008

Thanks for the confirmation on use.  I am needing it to create a C
syntax actor based scripting language for my program (I may include an
optional assembler and linker for turning the 'cache' files into real
will be adding in pathways for such a thing being added however), I
will not use it for loops and such, but I will be slicing functions up
at call boundaries of other functions that are capable of 'pausing
execution' (with a return statement immediately following, which may
never actually be reached in some builds actually, hence tail-call
optimization is pretty important).

The only platform I need it for personally is x86(-64), and
considering the large amount of languages out there already I doubt
anyone would really be interested in mine, but if anyone ever was then
I would add support for having it compile down to a native executable,
which could involve needing multiple architecture support.

I am still split on whether I should offer things like a 128-bit
native integer on 64-bit platforms, when such things would not be
available on a 32-bit platform, or if I should just go with lowest
common denominator (just x86) so the code 'just works'...