[LLVMdev] OCaml bindings to LLVM

Jon Harrop jonathandeanharrop at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 5 20:26:20 PDT 2008

I'm having another play with LLVM using the OCaml bindings for a forthcoming
OCaml Journal article and I have a couple of remarks:

Firstly, I noticed that the execute engine is very slow, taking milliseconds
to call a JIT compiled function. Is this an inherent overhead or am I calling
it incorrectly or is this something that can be optimized in the OCaml
bindings?

Secondly, I happened to notice that JIT compiled code executed on the fly does
not read from the stdin of the host OCaml program although it can write to
stdout. Is this a bug?

Many thanks,
http://www.ffconsultancy.com/?e