[LLVMdev] BUILD_TRIPLET node.

sanjiv gupta sanjiv.gupta at microchip.com
Mon Sep 1 10:50:15 PDT 2008

Currently I can use a BUILD_PAIR to make a pair of two arbitrary values
to a desired result value. For example, I can make   i8,build_pair =
(i8, i8)  or i16,build_pair = (i1, i8).

This is turning out to very handy when I replace nodes during the
expansion/legalization of types for my target.

I was just wondering if we could go one more step further and create a
BUILD_TRIPLET node which can contain three incoming operands instead of
just two.  I know that I can do that with two build_pairs , but a
build_triplet will make my code cleaner and easy to follow.

- Sanjiv