[LLVMdev] Several questions about LLVM

Eduardo Brito pg12188 at alunos.uminho.pt
Fri Oct 31 14:29:36 PDT 2008

Hello,

I'm new to LLVM but I see lots of potential on it for something that I'm
working on.
I have a few questions about it:

1) I know there is a MSIL backend which is still at an experimental
phase. When will it be ready? The same question for the MIPS backend.
2) Is there any plan or work being done to implement a Java backend?
3) I saw the passes feature. I think this can be very useful to
implement a weaver for Aspect Oriented Programming. Once again, I ask if
anybody is working on this or if there is already a AOP tool that can be
used with llvm bitcode.
4) For the work that I'm doing, besides C and C++, it would be great to
have a Fortran frontend. Would it be very hard to compile the llvm-gcc
with suport for fortran?