[LLVMdev] Default implementations for __ashldi3, __ashrdi3, __divdi3, __udivdi3, etc?

Daniel M Gessel gessel at apple.com
Fri Oct 31 10:13:04 PDT 2008

Are there existing "generic" implementations for these functions under
the same license as LLVM? By generic I mean C or IR that doesn't use
any particular HW intrinsics.

I read up on divides in Knuth's Seminumerical book, but decided to use
base-2 long division on the first go-around for simplicity. I know
it's not very efficient and I'm looking for shortcuts to something
better.

Pointers to divide algo's could also be of use.

Thanks,

Dan