[LLVMdev] ADDE on HW that doesn't have flags?

Daniel M Gessel gessel at apple.com
Mon Oct 27 09:46:44 PDT 2008

Thanks very much for your help.

I didn't quite understand how adde really uses flags in, say x86 or
any of the other architectures I looked at.

It seemed to declare it used EFLAGS, but little else: like how would
you feed a zero in for the carry.

Or I suppose you would have to start such a sequence off with an addc,
and I happened to hit the adde (and it bailed) first (because the addc
would be further from the root of the DAG)?

Dan