[LLVMdev] Error while creating ExecutionEngine

bhavani krishnan bhavi63 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 25 21:51:24 PDT 2008

Hi,

I am completely new to llvm. I am trying to build an optimization pass. I need to interpret some instructions in the pass. To begin with, I used the exact same code as HowtoUseJIT example. It compiles fine. While executing using opt, I get the following error at the point where th executionengine is created:
opt: symbol lookup error: ../../../Release/lib/Try.so: undefined symbol: _ZN4llvm15ExecutionEngine6createEPNS_14ModuleProviderEbPSs

I tried looking in the archives but could not find any similar problem.
Please let me know what I am doing wrong. Please let me know if it is possible to create an object of executionengine in the optimization pass?

Thanks,
bhavani