[LLVMdev] Replacing llvm-gcc in Xcode 3.1.1 with svn version

Dan Villiom Podlaski Christiansen danchr at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 08:30:43 PDT 2008

Hi,

The procedure you describe is quite complicated and invasive, in my
opinion. It might be useful someday to be able to use the compiler
binaries supplied by Apple; you never know...

I'm not at my Mac right now, but you should be able to achieve the
same results through two small steps: first, create a small shell
script that adds the directory containing libLTO to DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH.
Then, edit the project rules in Xcode to invoke this script instead of
the default LLVM GCC. The first step works quite well for me, but as I
don't use Xcode that often, I'm not sure I tried the second. As an
alternative, you should be able to edit your Xcode configuration to
default to the new path.

If you're interested, I can post the shell script I use.