[LLVMdev] opt options

Eli Friedman eli.friedman at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 12:39:22 PDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 12:03 PM, Villmow, Micah <Micah.Villmow at amd.com> wrote:
> What exactly are the standard compile options that are implemented when
> using -std-compile-opts?
>
> The reason I'm asking is it seems that -std-compile-opts creates some CFG
> graphs that are invalid and should not be created and I am trying to figure
> out which stage is creating this issue?
>
> The input LLVM-ir is in test.ll.
>
> The version with no optimizations looks correct, but the one using
> -std-compile-opts produces a CFG with an infinite loop.

You might want to try bugpoint; see
http://llvm.org/docs/HowToSubmitABug.html and
http://llvm.org/docs/Bugpoint.html for more info.  For your specific
case, you'll need to add a "main" of some sort, and pass something
like -timeout 2 so that it doesn't take forever.  That said, it's a
lot more convenient than doing a manual binary search.

-Eli