[LLVMdev] Genlibdeps.pl, CMake and MSYS

Óscar Fuentes ofv at wanadoo.es
Sat Oct 11 17:41:15 PDT 2008

Kenneth Boyd <zaimoni at zaimoni.com> writes:

>> I'm seeing a failure related to circular library references while
>> building LLVM with CMake and MSYS. This didn't happen on the
>> past. Building with the configure script works, so it seems something
>> related to CMake. Do you have any insight on this?
>>
> I'll get back on this tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks.

> * Am I correct in thinking that the CMake process doesn't reference
> GenLibDeps.pl?

The LLVM CMake build system generates and uses llvm-config where it is
required (MSVC++ can live without it). This means that GenLibDeps.pl is
invoked for building llvm-config.

> * I am seeing desynchronization between the configure-generated
> Makefiles and the CMakeFile.txt files.  [e.g., llc; makefile doesn't
> have asmprinter, CMakeFile.txt does].  That much I should be able to
> construct a patch for "blind", if no-one gets to it first.

Maybe there are some such desynchronizations. Please report them and
I'll fix them.

On this specific case, IIRC, MinGW chokes if asmprinter is not on the
list of components. This may be another consequence of the malfunctoning
of llvm-config/GenLibDeps.pl on MinGW/MSYS.

--
Oscar