[LLVMdev] C++ to C?

Duncan Sands baldrick at free.fr
Sat Oct 11 12:25:09 PDT 2008

Hi Michael,

> Thank you very much for your help. I have a few more questions if you have a moment...
>
> * Are there executables available for windows?

I think so, but since I don't use windows I can't say for sure.

> * Is the source code for the interpreter available, and if so, what is/are the filename(s)?

Sure, all source code is available: this is an open source project!
Do you really mean the interpreter?  You seemed more interested in
the C backend.  In any case, you can find source code here:
  http://llvm.org/releases/
For the 2.3 release:
  http://llvm.org/releases/download.html#2.3

> * Is there an IDE available?

LLVM is not a compiler.  It is used by various compilers such
as llvm-gcc and clang.  One of those might have an IDE, but I
wouldn't know since I never use IDE's myself.

Ciao,

Duncan.

PS: Please don't send messages just to me: CC to mailing
list too.  That way others can answer you too, and the
discussion is recorded in the archives where others with
the same questions can find it.