[LLVMdev] windows testing etc

OvermindDL1 overminddl1 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 11 12:05:46 PDT 2008

On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 12:28 PM, Chris Lattner <clattner at apple.com> wrote:
> Ideas and feedback are useful.  However, one systematic problem that
> the LLVM community has is that most of the regular contributors are on
> unix systems.  As you probably know, much open source software works
> by having people 'scratch their itch'.  You (and many other people on
> windows) are very itchy about this, but you're not producing code.

The last good 2 or 3 times for various open-source projects I have
made code for ended up not using it for similar reasons to "not enough
windows developers".  Nowadays I have very little time to spare.  My
method would work equally well for testing everywhere, not just on any
one system, and I can help set it up, but would need help in actually
creating the tests as I have not used llvm in depth enough to know how
it is supposed to act and so forth, but I can help setup a testing
framework if people would actually use it.