[LLVMdev] There are two linker error when compiling the latest llvm source...

Cloud Strife geforce8800 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 08:54:55 PDT 2008

Hi everyone.I am using the visual stuido 2005 to build the lastesllvm source
code.
After the building phase, the vs 2005 dump two errors with the lli and llc.
Here is the message:
 the Error 1549 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "class
llvm::FunctionPass * __cdecl llvm::createPBQPRegisterAllocator(void)"
(?createPBQPRegisterAllocator at llvm@@YAPAVFunctionPass at 1@XZ) referenced in
function "public: __thiscall `anonymous
namespace'::ForceCodegenLinking::ForceCodegenLinking(void)"
(??0ForceCodegenLinking@?A0x75b61eb1@@QAE at XZ) lli.obj

Error 1547 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "class
llvm::FunctionPass * __cdecl llvm::createPBQPRegisterAllocator(void)"
(?createPBQPRegisterAllocator at llvm@@YAPAVFunctionPass at 1@XZ) referenced in
function "public: __thiscall `anonymous
namespace'::ForceCodegenLinking::ForceCodegenLinking(void)"
(??0ForceCodegenLinking@?A0xc30fad1e@@QAE at XZ) llc.obj

I search the "createPBQPRegisterAllocator" keyword in the entire solution,
only to find out that
  This function exists in two header file. It is declared only, not
implemented.
Maybe it is a bug of current version?  Has anyone meet the same issue as me?

Thank you very much for any reply.

--
Best regards.