[LLVMdev] poolallocation error

Mattias Holm holm at liacs.nl
Wed Nov 19 05:59:19 PST 2008

Hi,

I am trying to use the poolallocator. More specific, I am trying to
play around with the pointer compression pass. Though, I get assertion
failures for the pass dependencies.

This is when it in PointerCompress::getAnalysisUsage tries to register
the the BU pass as required. I.e. when
AU.addRequired<CompleteBUDataStructures>(); is called.

$ opt -f -load ~/Projects/llvmstuff/opt/poolalloc/lib/
libpoolalloc.dylib -raiseallocs -poolalloc-passing-all-pools -
pointercompress llist-noopt.bc -o llist-dp.bc

Assertion failed: ((P->getPotentialPassManagerType() < RequiredPass-
 >getPotentialPassManagerType()) && "Unable to handle Pass that
requires lower level Analysis pass"), function
addLowerLevelRequiredPass, file ~/Projects/llvmstuff/llvm/lib/VMCore/
PassManager.cpp, line 1418.

Any ideas what is going wrong here?

/Mattias