[LLVMdev] Dynamic configuration for llvmc2

Mikhail Glushenkov foldr at codedgers.com
Mon Nov 17 16:30:38 PST 2008

Hi,

Patrick Walton <pcwalton <at> cs.ucla.edu> writes:

> Well, what I found myself wanting was a dynamic (strconcat) dag that
> could join together strings and (call MyHook, INFILE, OUTFILE) dags.

Can you give an example of how you would use (strconcat)?  Wouldn't
you also need (strcmp)?

> :) For my plugin I would probably just add the Lua VM into the tree,
> so that there wouldn't be a dependency at all.

Okay, but please make sure that llvmc2 still compiles with lua
scripting disabled.

I.e. plain "make" should build a bare-bones version of llvmc2, and

make BUILTIN_PLUGINS="lua ..."

should build llvmc2 with lua scripting enabled.

> Right. I'll work on a proof of concept when I get some time.

Good luck!