[LLVMdev] Dynamic configuration for llvmc2

Anton Korobeynikov anton at korobeynikov.info
Mon Nov 17 11:16:10 PST 2008

Hello, Patrick

> Basically, my concern with TableGen is that a lot of work has gone into
> creating a small domain-specific scripting language in TableGen, when
> maybe a real scripting language would be easier to use (not to mention
> to maintain), and would have the added benefit of not having to recompile.
One of the main design concerns is that llvmc2 should be completely
self-hosted. No extra perl/python/lua/php/whatever_language_your_know
interpreter. Thus is generated c++ sources from .td descriptions.

Allowing you to write plugins in arbitrary language, which will
dynamically populate compilation graphs, etc is just nice "side
effect" :)

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov.

Faculty of Mathematics & Mechanics, Saint Petersburg State University.