[LLVMdev] Move instruction

Karhu, Abhinav R akarhu3 at gatech.edu
Fri Nov 14 21:13:35 PST 2008

Hi Eli,
I want to do redundant load elimination. A simple example for that would be

load (a1) , r1;
---
---
---
load (a2) , r2;

Now if a1 and a2 are alias of each other and the value stored in a1 and a2 remains the same then I can say that the second load is redundant.
I can replace the second load with these instructions

mov r0 r1;
mov r0 r2; and remove the load instruction.

This is the thing I want to achieve. How can I achieve this at the IR level? Please any suggestions.
Thanks Eli for replying.
Abhinav