[LLVMdev] A shell account on a OS X machine?

Dan Villiom Podlaski Christiansen danchr at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 15:35:56 PST 2008

On 11 Nov 2008, at 06:54, Mark Kromis wrote:

> I be willing to donate some machine time to you.
> How about a 2 x 3GHz Dual Core Intel Xeon with 8GB?
>
> The question is how to get past the NAT. Email me privately if
> interested.

In my experience, IPv6 via a tunnel broker, SixXS for example, is
excellent for punching holes through a NAT :)

> On Nov 11, 2008, at 12:12 AM, Óscar Fuentes wrote:
>
>> Reports arrived indicating that the LLVM cmake-based build system is
>> lacking some OS X specific work, which seems to be the OS of choice
>> for
>> quite a few LLVM developers. I know there are sites out there that
>> offer
>> Linux shell accounts. Is there something similar for OS X, where
>> building LLVM would be possible? A google search turned no solid
>> results.
>>
>> Or would someone donate ssh access and approx. 4 GB of disk on some
>> of
>> his machines? Bonus points for a fast one :-)

I made some changes locally to at least get LLVM compiling using
CMake. I don't remember if it actually worked, but I suspect a few
quirks were left. Compiling LLVM on G4 with 768MB RAM isn't something
you want to do too often…

I'll clean the patch up a bit and submit it tomorrow, okay?

--

Dan Villiom Podlaski Christiansen, stud. scient.
danchr at gmail.com