[LLVMdev] Porting llvm-gcc-4.2

Thorsten Glaser tg at mirbsd.de
Mon Nov 10 14:18:45 PST 2008

Hello again,

just wanted to let you know that MirBSD-current/i386 has basic
success with llvm-gcc and ccc/clang building http://mirbsd.de/mksh
as well as a Fortran 99-bottles-of-beer example. No valitdation
though ☺

In use:
• LLVM r58935
• Clang r58935
• llvm-gcc-4.2 r58935

A question do I have though… why is, for example, libstdc++ not
built into LLVM Bytecode, and why do neither ccc nor llvm-gcc
front-ends recognise Bytecode *.o files?

https://www.mirbsd.org/cvs.cgi/src/bin/mksh/Build.sh.diff?r1=1.368;r2=1.369
contains the kludge (llvm-link | opt -std-compile-flags | llc)
I have to use for that to work.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
> emacs als auch vi zum Kotzen finde (joe rules) und pine für den einzig
> bedienbaren textmode-mailclient halte (und ich hab sie alle ausprobiert). ;)
Hallooooo, ich bin der Holger ("Hallo Holger!"), und ich bin ebenfalls
... pine-User, und das auch noch gewohnheitsmäßig ("Oooooooohhh").  [aus dasr]