[LLVMdev] MSVC Targets in CMake

Óscar Fuentes ofv at wanadoo.es
Sun Nov 9 16:39:21 PST 2008

"Scott Graham" <scott.llvm at h4ck3r.net> writes:

> Any reason why the CMake build doesn't include more target backends
> under MSVC? (Currently only x86). I just tried turning on all the
> backends and everything seems to build OK. I don't know if they all
> run correctly.
>
> If there isn't a good reason, attached is the trivial patch to include
> all targets.

The VS solution included with the llvm sources only builds x86. I don't
know if there is a reason for this restriction, other than minimising
maintenance. I assume that most LLVM developers who do VC++ are using
the VS solution and thus are unaware of possible VS-specific problems
with the other backends. As I don't do C++ maintenance on LLVM, I prefer
to keep things on a state that guarantees the utmost probability of a
successful build.

That said, a magic value for LLVM_TARGETS_TO_BUILD that implies all
backends would be nice to have. I'll implement this ASAP.

--
Oscar