[LLVMdev] Fwd: Basic questions

Graham Wakefield mail at grahamwakefield.net
Thu Nov 6 18:41:23 PST 2008

Thanks, that helps. I saw the possibility to redefine function bodies
in the Kaleidoscope tutorial. What's not so clear to me yet, is how
to support multiple Modules, but it's getting clearer now.

Can I run a potential case past you just to be sure that it is/isn't
possible?

I'd like to support users dynamically adding and using functions
(plus structs, globals etc) to a Module, JIT compiling to an
ExecutionEngine, in an interleaved fashion. That is, declare & define
a function, run it through a FunctionPassManager, add it to an
ExecutionEngine, use it, go ahead and repeat for a different function
with the same Module, FunctionPassManager & ExecutionEngine, etc.

Also, does there need to be a 1-1-1 correspondence between Module,
FunctionPassManager and ExecutionEngine, or can it be 1-many(1-1)?

Thanks again, and once again sorry if this info is available in
existing docs; I haven't been able to find it yet.