[LLVMdev] A quick update on FreeBSD support

Marcel Moolenaar xcllnt at mac.com
Mon May 26 07:57:19 PDT 2008

On May 26, 2008, at 1:25 AM, Bill Wendling wrote:

> On May 25, 2008, at 1:39 PM, Marcel Moolenaar wrote:
>> On May 25, 2008, at 12:58 AM, Bill Wendling wrote:
>>
>>> Could you try this (massively hacky) patch out to see if it fixes
>>> your
>>> problem?
>>>

>> Alas, it didn't fix the problem:
>>
> Crumbs.
>
> I think that the analysis I told you before wasn't fully correct. I
> think I mentioned something about "n = 4" and that could cause the
> SmallVector to reallocate things. But that was in error.

It sounded very plausible to me :-) I'll keep it in the back of my
mind...

> I tried it on my Mac, enabling a mode where malloc initializes memory
> with 0xAA and deallocated memory with 0x55, but didn't run into the
> crash that you see here.

Hmmm, odd. I've been trying to figure out on the side why I see
this on powerpc and not i386 or amd64 for example. Endianness was
one thought, but given that it works on your Mac, it cannot be
that simple. I guess it simply means bad code generation is slowly
creeping on the list of suspects...

> Perhaps you can track down where the node "4"
> is being created and see if the values for it aren't being
> initialized. If they are being initialized, then set a watch on the
> node to see where they get overwritten.

Will do...

--
Marcel Moolenaar