[LLVMdev] A quick update on FreeBSD support

Marcel Moolenaar xcllnt at mac.com
Sun May 25 13:32:06 PDT 2008

On May 25, 2008, at 1:38 AM, Anton Korobeynikov wrote:

> Hello, Marcel
>
> First of all, thank for your great job for trying llvm-gcc on FreeBSD!
> Some quick notes below:
>
>> o  Adding support for inline assembly for ia64 (already started) and
>>    improving ia64 in general. This is longer term work...
> Please note, that IA64 didn't have active maintainer for some time
> (maybe year or even two), so it can be heavily broken for some
> things. I
> bet nobody even tried to compile llvm-gcc on IA64 nowadays.

Chris mentioned that while at BSDcan. I hope to be able to change
the ia64 backend from one that's bitrotting to one that's at the
very least usable. I don't know if I will be able to make it a
high-performing backend, given everything else I'm doing (like
maintaining FreeBSD/ia64 itself), but we'll see...

--
Marcel Moolenaar
xcllnt at mac.com