[LLVMdev] Problem running llvm generated a.out

jmoses jmoses at cs.dal.ca
Thu May 22 16:14:39 PDT 2008

Sorry if this is the wrong forum...

I downloaded the llvm-gcc 4.2 frontend binaries for MacOS X x68 (running
10.4.11), and the llvm source.  I unpacked the front end in
/Users/mobius/llvm, and the backend source in /Users/mobius/llvm-2.2.  I
configured with the following string, according to config.log:
./configure --prefix=/Users/mobius/llvm --with-llvmgccdir=/Users/mobius/llvm

Tools appear in the llvm/bin dir as expected.  I compile a simple C program
with the following command:
llvm-gcc array.c

I run the resulting a.out, and it gives me:
dyld: Library not loaded:
/Users/lattner/2.2/llvm-gcc-4.2/obj/../install/lib/libgcc_s.1.dylib
  Referenced from: /Users/mobius/./a.out
  Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap

Now as you might expect, I don't have a user dir "lattner" on my machine -
did I screw up the configure or not follow the directions properly?  Do I
need to extend my $PATH, or set something like $LD_LIBRARY_PATH or
something?  Any suggestions?

thanks,
Jeremy