[LLVMdev] Using the test suite to benchmark patches

Matthijs Kooijman matthijs at stdin.nl
Thu May 22 03:48:28 PDT 2008

Hi,

I've polished my changes to HTMLColDiff.pl a bit and it should now be a fairly
useful tool for finding performance changes. It's not the most robust tool,
but it should be able to compare different test runs and output something
useful.

> opt-beta allows you to compare "opt -std-compile-opts" vs. "opt <your
> sequence of optimization passes>"
> For your use, you can have local command line option to trigger your
> simplifycfg patch and then you can try
> 	ENABLE_OPTBETA=1 OPTBETAOPTIONS="-your-command-line-flag -std-compile-
> opts"
This also sounds like an (even more useful) option, in particular to quickly
compare a single program or change. I will be trying this next.

Thanks for all the pointers!

Gr.

Matthijs