[LLVMdev] LLVM on small MCUs?

Pertti Kellomäki pertti.kellomaki at tut.fi
Mon May 19 12:16:07 PDT 2008

Jonathan S. Shapiro kirjoitti:
> On Mon, 2008-05-19 at 20:40 +0300, Pertti Kellomäki wrote:
>> The only hitch is that in the MCU world people expect to be
>> able to write interrupt handlers and the like in C...
>
> Most of the support that I have seen for this in other compilers amounts
> to custom calling conventions and preambles. Are you thinking of more
> than this?

Not quite sure what you mean, but stuff like this (from the avr gcc
manual):

---------------------------------
#include <avr/interrupt.h>

ISR(ADC_vect)
{
     // user code here
}

Also, it would be nice to be able to refer both to the program memory
and the data memory (AVR is a Harvard architecture) in a convenient
way.

I'm not sure how much of this could already be handled with the
existing machinery.
--
Pertti