[LLVMdev] VS build is broken again

Alain Frisch alain at frisch.fr
Sun May 18 02:33:50 PDT 2008

Chris Lattner wrote:
> Others have suggested alternative build systems before like cmake.
> Apparently cmake can autogenerate VC++ and Xcode project files from
> the same thing that it builds from on unix systems.  Has anyone used
> cmake in a real system before?  Are there other worthwhile
> alternatives?

I can recommend omake (http://omake.metaprl.org/index.html). My company
uses it for a large project with many directories, several source
languages, some tricky preprocessing, under Unix and Windows (MSVC and
MinGW toolchains). We have been very happy with it.

omake would add an extra build-time dependency to LLVM (i.e. it does not
generate "native" Makefiles and project files), but I think it's worth
considering it.

Alain