[LLVMdev] GPL licensing issues or can GCC be used with llvm for a commercial application?

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Wed May 14 10:25:39 PDT 2008

On Wed, 14 May 2008, Matthijs Kooijman wrote:
>> If you distribute the GPLed library and the proprietary application
>> separately, and make sure that they are linked at installation time, the
>> link step creates a derived work indeed but that's inconsequential
>> because it isn't redistributed.
> Interestingly enough, you need a linker at the target system to do that. And
> guess what this discussion started at :-p

This thread is completely off topic.  Please stop.

GPL vs BSD flamewars have no place on llvmdev.  The technical discussion
of this thread ended when I suggested that if he wants a BSD  toolchain
that he go build one.  If you want to discuss details of making it happen,
go for it.  Until then, stop talking dragging out a pointless thread.

-Chris

--
http://nondot.org/sabre/
http://llvm.org/