[LLVMdev] patch for building llvm on Windows with MSVC 2008

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Tue May 13 14:57:15 PDT 2008

On Tue, 13 May 2008, Razvan Aciu wrote:
> These are the updated .sln and .vcproj files for building llvm with MSVC
> 2008.
> It turned out that the compiling errors were because these projects wasn't
> updated to reflect the actual status of the llvm files.
> I checked all the files (removed, moved or added) and now they are ok.
> It compiles all targets from the first "Build Solution", both for Debug and
> for Release mode. You need the latest release_23 files. I also added a
> compiling.txt with some notes.
> The .sln and .vcproj files now are updated to the 2008 version of MSVC
> Express (my development environment). If you want to keep compatibility with
> MSVC 2005, someone with that environment needs to take the old project files
> and sync them with the current llvm files.

I committed this, thanks:
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvm-commits/Week-of-Mon-20080512/062390.html

Please verify that this works for you.  If so, we can pull it into the
llvm 2.3 release.

> Not all llvm subprojects have a corresponding .vcproj. Notably msil, ia64 or
> other examples than Fibonacci doesn't have it. It is very simple to add it,
> following the model of the current projects in solution, but I don't want to
> make these now.

Sure, sounds like a second step we can do for llvm 2.4 if there is
interest.  Thanks!

-Chris

--
http://nondot.org/sabre/