[LLVMdev] LLVM Exception Handling Changes

Marc B. Reynolds marc.reynolds at orange.fr
Tue May 13 09:28:51 PDT 2008

> Hmm, and with PEI-dense code, you'd have to watch out for stores to
> allocas in between PEIs. mem2reg can't create PHIs that point to the
> middles of blocks. Would it be made smart enough to split blocks when
> this happens?

This is what I was attempting to (badly) describe in my previous post,
that there would need to be a second 'flag' to mark modified values
that are accessed in the catch portion...sort-of like a 'write-volatile'.

> Do you have any sense of how frequent this situation is
> in typical Java or similar code?

I have the impression that the most frequent cases don't access any
values modified in the normal execution body.