[LLVMdev] llvm-gcc debug info on mingw32msvc?

Anton Korobeynikov asl at math.spbu.ru
Sat May 10 05:43:12 PDT 2008

Hello, Johannes

> Oh, I forgot to say that I use -g -O0. I do get debug info, but no
> line number information. Stuff like which function is where etc. is
> all there.
There are some known issues with debug/eh info on mingw32. Some of them
(especially eh-related) will require DwarfEmitter refactoring and this
is my todo list.

>         .file 1 "main.c"
>         .loc 1 4 0
> in there, while llvm-gcc has nothing.
Line numbering is implemented, however llvm-gcc does not use .loc
assembler directives to emit line numbering information - it does this
directly, thus future investigation will be needed to compare 'raw'
contents of sections with dwarf information. However, I expect multiple
issues here, since almost nobody tested this :)

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov.

Faculty of Mathematics & Mechanics, Saint Petersburg State University.