[LLVMdev] Complicated Remat Question

David Greene dag at cray.com
Fri May 9 12:21:56 PDT 2008

On Friday 09 May 2008 13:20, David Greene wrote:

> One is that %reg1461 is assigned a register but LocalSpiller still tries to
> remat it instead of just using the register it was assigned to.  I think
> it's easy enough to fix this problem, but I don't think this gets at the
> deeper issue.

Duh.  Of course this isn't a problem.  We have to remat (or load) this because
it's the result of spilling %reg1235.  I got confused.  :-/

So the real problem is that one of the operands of the remat def was spilled.
Perhaps if that happens we mark registers using that remat def as not
rematable?

                                                   -Dave