[LLVMdev] llvm-gcc debug info on mingw32msvc?

Johannes Fortmann johannes.fortmann at googlemail.com
Fri May 9 04:25:12 PDT 2008

I'm building a cross-gcc with target i386-mingw32msvc, running on Mac
OS X 10.5.2. While it compiles and works fine and dandy, I don't seem
to get any sensible debug output regarding lines/position in my
program. Running the executables produced by the cross-compiler in
gdb, I get full symbols in backtraces, but "the program doesn't
contain any line number information" or somesuch, so I can't single-
step or anything. Comparing the output from a regular cross-gcc (4.3.0
from fsf), any line number information seems to be missing. The
generated assembly doesn't show any line information either; old-style
gcc has lots of
	.file 1 "main.c"
	.loc 1 4 0
in there, while llvm-gcc has nothing.
Is this simply not implemented? I don't see anything in the code
generated by --emit-llvm, so this seems to be a problem in llvm-gcc,
right? Would it be feasible to add this?

Also, totally unrelated, should the current trunk build again? I'm
getting a lot of
/Developer/Cocotron/1.0/Source/llvm/lib/CodeGen/SelectionDAG/
SelectionDAGISel.cpp:3229: error: ‘atomic_lss’ is not a member of
‘llvm::Intrinsic’
as of r50895.

Cheers,
Johannes Fortmann