[LLVMdev] Missing passes

Matthijs Kooijman matthijs at stdin.nl
Thu May 8 02:50:23 PDT 2008

Hi all,

I've attached two patches. The first, pass-comments.diff adds or improves the
file comments for a number of passes. This patch is slightly interesting. The
second, pass-doc.diff is mostly a yank-put job and updates Passes.html as
follows.

I've removed the following passes from the documentation:

	Lower GC intrinsics, for GCless code generators (-lowergc)
	Correlated Expression Elimination (-cee)
	Lower select instructions to branches (-lowerselect)
	lowers packed operations to operations on smaller packed datatypes (-lower-packed)

(I didn't report the last one in my initial posting, though I had noticed it
was missing).

I've added the following passes to the documentation:
> 	createStructRetPromotionPass()
> 	createStripDeadPrototypesPass()
> 	createJumpThreadingPass()
> 	createMemCpyOptPass()
> 	createLoopDeletionPass()
> 	createCodeGenPreparePass()

I've left out the Global Value Extraction Pass, since that doesn't seem to be
a full pass in itself (no RegisterPass for example).

I've also pulled Passes.html through the w3 validator, only to discover some
errors of my own :-)

Gr.

Matthijs