[LLVMdev] optimization assumes malloc return is non-null

David Vandevoorde daveed at vandevoorde.com
Fri May 2 12:32:44 PDT 2008

On May 2, 2008, at 2:23 PM, me22 wrote:
[...]
> I suppose the most important issue is what constitutes "observable
> behavior".

1.9/6:
«The observable behavior of the abstract machine is its sequence of
reads and writes to volatile data and calls to library
I/O functions. [ Footnote 6: An implementation can offer additional
library I/O functions as an extension. Implementations that do so
should treat calls to those functions as “observable behavior” as
well. ]»

(I wish the C standard were as clear on this topic.)

	Daveed