[LLVMdev] GSoC Proposal: Language bindings via. SWIG

Chandler Carruth chandlerc at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 18:52:58 PDT 2008

If SWIG can be made to do a good job with Python/Ruby/Perl etc bindings
around LLVM, I would be very interested in this. I'm personally interested
in seeing both Python and Ruby bindings, and in having them be as easily
maintained as possible. I think it would be interesting to see what the
SWIG-style solution can do in this direction as opposed to the C-binding
approach. If it results in better and/or lower maintenance/development cost
bindings for specific target languages, I'm all for it.

-Chandler