[LLVMdev] Say hi to VMKit: JVM/LLVM, CLI/LLVM

Nicolas Geoffray nicolas.geoffray at lip6.fr
Fri Mar 28 12:57:58 PDT 2008

Hi Jon,

Jon Harrop wrote:
> On Friday 21 March 2008 21:52:32 Nicolas Geoffray wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I've just checked in a JVM and a CLI for LLVM (called JnJVM and N3).
>> Both are placed in the vmkit svn directory.
>> You can find the source code here:
>>
>> svn co http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/vmkit/trunk vmkit
>>

> This looks really exciting but I'm having trouble finding information about
> this project. Is there documentation? I am particularly interested in the
> GC...

You can find an overview of the project here:
http://pagesperso-systeme.lip6.fr/Gael.Thomas/papers/spe-thomas-java-flexibility.pdf

And if you speak french, a detailed description of the GC
http://pagesperso-systeme.lip6.fr/Gael.Thomas/papers/these-gael.thomas.pdf

Note that things have changed since, and the vms are developped in C++
using LLVM (instead of Lisp using VPU)

Nicolas